What is a STAN bed?
A STAN bed is a patented therapeutic, non-toxic pet bed, deigned to improve quality of sleep and recovery support for dogs, cats and all animals whose wight can be supported by the mattress. Particularly beneficial for animals who experience muscular and joint discomfort as a result of injury, genetics or age, and those animals sensitive to toxic chemicals and fabric colours. And of course, we are Made in Australia.
What are the benefits?
· Deeper, quality sleep
· Increased blood circulation
· Full body support
· Safer sleep – no vapours from the mattress
· For canines in recovery the thermostatic fibres of the mattress help the body thermoregulate. This allows the body to direct its energy into healing, not burning it up to stay warm.
What is a STAN bed made of?
A STAN bed is made of millions of non-toxic, thermally-bonded fibres which are hollow inside. The fibres act as conduits, carrying a species-appropriate warmth generated by the dog’s own body heat, throughout the bed. The warmth converts to a comfortable, subtle temperature, localising around areas of the body pressing into the mattress. Once the desired temperature is achieved the excess warmth leaves the bed.
Our beds are free of VOC’s, flame retardant, formaldehyde, binders, resins, and glues. Our fibres are also non-allergenic and approved by the Asthma Foundation.
Actice dog bed
The active dog bed is designed for the young active dog who plays, works or competes with intensity. Offering full body support and patented therapeutic, non-toxic fibres to help warm down muscles and joints as they rest and recover.
The active bed is firm just comfortable bed. It is designed to support the skeletal structure of the growing canine, ensuring the body rests with an aligned spine.
Patented thermally-bonded fibres function as conduits, transferring a species- appropriate temperature throughout the bed, localising around the areas of the dog’s body pressing into the mattress. The subtle temperature encourages blood flow to these areas providing oxygen, minerals and nutrients required to keep muscles and joints loose, assist healing and reduce the discomfort of inflammation.
Bed sizes are designed based on the most common breeds. We focus on the length and weight of the dog.
Our active and senior dog beds will support up to 30kg. for heavier dogs the royal is perfect, and it can be made in a senior version. We do offer a king bed 150cm X 120cm X 18cm, which is suited to Great Daines, Wolfhound size dogs. This can only be ordered directly from STAN Pet Beds.
Active dog bed:
M 80cm X 60cm X 10cm
L 100cm X 80cm X 10cm
XL 110cm X 80cm X 10cm
· Our cotton drill is GOTS certified. GOTS is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres, including ecological and social criteria, backed up by independent certification of the entire textile supply chain.
· Perfect for young dogs who are rough with their bed or dogs who like to dig at their bed before resting.
· A very hardwearing cover.
· Our linen is OEKO – Tex certified. Oeko-tex textiles and fabrics are certified free of harmful chemicals and are safe for human use. Organic certification means that textile and fabric products are grown according to strict guidelines on the use of petroleum-based fertilisers, pesticides and synthetic products.
· Linen is a high frequency fabric. This means it gives off an energy that impacts cells and assist healing from the inside out.
· Hemp is an environmentally friendly fibre which requires no pesticides or herbicides when grown, therefore producing “organic” and environmentally friendly products.
· Hemp is among the earth’s primary renewable resources.
· Hemp is 25 times stronger than cotton and softens as it ages but dose ‘wear’.
Why we the sell the items we sell
Our aim is simple, to extend and improve quality of life of dogs & cats. We aim to do this by sourcing natural healthy alternatives to many of the toxic and chemically laden products on the market for our beloved pets and by sharing our knowledge and experience of nutrition, natural remedies and cleansing your pet of toxins.
We are passionate about natural nutrition and see it as the fundamental essential for good health. A varied fresh whole food diet with minimal processed foods and minimising chemical and toxin exposure is essential to your pets health and wellbeing.
We are also passionate about reducing stress, physical & psychological pain in our dogs lives through equipment, training and activity choices.